Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 cross stitch, day 1!

Well, it's official: I really need to learn to use thimbles, because ow.

I have 2 different stitching challenges that I joined for 2012 -- one you do a different pattern every month (I haven't started this one yet but am doing a flower-of-the-month thing) and the other you do 15 projects of your choice over the year.




Why, yes, this is organised!














Also, look at all this lovely embroidery floss just waiting to be used.










The first project I chose for my 15 challenge is this floral pic. I made this years ago as a trivet, but I gave it to my mother. I really want one of my own though! This is how it should look when complete.










This is what I've got done so far. No, really -- it's supposed to look like that!






In the middle of all this stitching, Emily comes in and asks if I have any zombie patterns that she could stitch. Sadly, I don't, but I guess I will have to find her some!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, I'm a new follower of your blog! The floral trivet is beautiful! How nice that you will have one to match the one that you gave your mom. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what will likely happen? I'll probably end up giving away the 2nd one too! :P

    ReplyDelete