Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yarn addiction, anyone?

I have a terrible habit of going to places like Goodwill or Value Village & buying up cheap bags of assorted yarn -- but I can't help it! It's an addiction, really. You know what I could totally benefit from? A 12-step yarn addiction group. I've come to the realisation that I binge-knit. I won't touch the stuff for months, and then, in the blink of an eye, I can't leave the needles alone. The, er, knitting needles, that is. This wouldn't be so bad if I could at least do more than a knit stitch! But no, silly me, I haven't even learned to purl.

Anyway, I've got 3 little girls. And if I make a little bag for one, you just know the other 2 are gonna want one too. My oldest got the camouflage-coloured one that I posted the other day (she's quite tomboy-ish & picked the yarn out) but my middle girl is much more girly. She likes everything pink & sparkly, unicorns & rainbows & all that crap. I think her bag turned out better though.



Here's the 2 bags together. These are not large bags, y'know; they might be big enough for a cell phone, but that's about it. Not that my girls have cell phones, but there you go. In a few days, I'll probably have a blue one done for my youngest girl.




I'm really enjoying making these. They're quick to knit up, and it's a good way to use up all those little balls of yarn that I've got around that aren't big enough to make much else.

I know, I know... Powerless over yarn & other craft materials, I know... All together now: Grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I already have, the courage to occasionally put down the knitting needles, and the wisdom not to add to my already plentiful stash!

2 comments:

  1. Hehee! I join you in your serenity prayer of crafting! I have more supplies, kits, fabrics, threads than I will ever use - even if I live to be 1000!

    The little bags are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's what I get for posting here right after coming home from an AA meeting. :P And... I'm sorry to say... I've got plans to yarn-shop a little tomorrow night! (I never learn...)

    ReplyDelete