Sunday, September 18, 2011

A bit of cross stitching update

So, I like to cross stitch. Very much, actually. And recently I discovered biscornu. I didn't know what they were, or what you did with one, but I thought they were beautiful wee pieces of stitched art, and I wanted to make one. Or perhaps several, knowing me. Basically, a biscornu is a kind of ornamental pincushion, and it can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like to make it.

I went to my new favourite site -- The Floss Box -- which has lots of delightful free designs, and downloaded several to try. I also purchased a handful of other designs (very inexpensive and immensely adorable!) for later use. But the problem was... I didn't know where to start! I just couldn't decide which pattern to use, so while I mulled it over... I doodled on my graph paper. And you can guess what happened: I used my design as a first try.


You can see (maybe) how I messed up sewing the two sides together -- it was more difficult than I had thought, though it's not really that difficult. Still, for a first attempt, not so bad? I chose red as I am thinking of sending it to a friend whose favourite colour is red.

That same person is also going to be the recipient of this card, which is blank inside.


The flower design is mine too, though I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy with it. I have an urge to tweak it, make it more delicate-looking. I just have trouble leaving things alone, I guess! :D

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment