Saturday, February 11, 2012

A plethora of purses!

So, I've been knitting a bit lately, which is all I've really been able to do. I haven't been able to cross stitch much, as I had to get new contact lenses. My last pair had a big smudge on the left lens which wouldn't come off, and I was afraid to try too hard as it might have ripped. Now I have new contacts & I can see, so I can get back to stitching!

In the meantime, I have a little knitted purse for my friend's daughter:














She's a cute little cupcake, so she gets the cute little cupcake button. :)















I made a much larger green purse (no buttons, just a fold-over flap on this one) that was originally for me, but I ran out of yarn, so the strap is too short for my liking. Still, I'm very happy with the results! It knitted up pretty quick -- bulky weight yarn on 9.0 mm needles.



To demonstrate how the strap is perfectly sized for a child and not me (*cries*), here's my youngest girl:




And last but not least... what every well-dressed babydoll is wearing this season!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Kath!

    I found you through an interest search of blogs with "sobriety." I'm a knitter, too! Look forward to reading more of you blog.

    TEO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're a better knitter than I am -- I haven't ever been able to figure out how to purl!

      There will likely be more sobriety-related posts over the next few months as I am moving from a large city to a very small town. I am in AA, and where I'll be moving to has exactly one meeting a week... Eek!

      Delete
  2. Wow! One meeting a week! That will definitely be a challenge. How long have you been sober?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming up on 3 years. It's silly, but I am putting off moving until just after my 3rd anniversary, so it can be announced at my home group. I am really going to miss them -- thank heavens for email & Skype!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 2+ years, sister! Don't forget that there are online AA meetings and telephonic ones, too.
    Plus, there's the Grapevine, subtitled "Our meeting in print."

    And blogging will help, too.

    :-) TEO

    ReplyDelete